Thursday, October 3, 2013

Miniatures in Progress

I've always wanted to make a miniatures blog but only recently have I felt my painting has gotten decent enough (and I say that lightly) to even want to show off my work. I hope to do as many of my other favorite wargaming blogs do and make this site one with reviews, tips, and uniform discussion.

For now, here are some of the projects I currently have on my work bench. The first army I am currently painting is an early ACW Confederate army in 10mm based on 1x1 inch MDF for Sam Mustafa's fantastically written Longstreet rules. I've played many of Sam's games and there have been many I liked and only really one I did not (Maurice). But Longstreet has captured me like none of his other rules as I feel it has truly captured the feel of the Civil War in miniature. This is also my first time painting 10mm figures and while I have found it extremely frustrating at times on my eyes, it has also been a lot faster. For my figures, I went with Pendraken's ACW line which are, in my opinion, the best 10mm out there.

10mm Confederates by Pendraken
The second project I am working on is a 15mm Tudor Army of Henry VIII. Whereas I only just started the Confederates above, my Tudor Army is almost complete. I have only a single unit of Landsknechte to paint but I have just been trying to find a little more inspiration to finish those colorful fellows. I've based my figures for use in both DBA and Impetus but Impetus will likely end up being my primary rules. When I finish those Landsknechte, I'll be sure to post more pictures.

15mm Border Reivers by Freikorp15
I hope you enjoyed the preview of what is on my painting table and will hang around for more. Like most wargamers, I have a closet full of lead but little time to finish it all. My future projects include 28mm WW1 Belgians and a 15mm zombie horde.

3 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to seeing more of your Tudor army!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just have a few more Landsknechtes to finish but they truly do take some inspiration as you have to make them very colorful and varied.

      Delete